At least 30 people have
been killed following fresh attacks by gunmen in Birnin-Magaji area Nigeria.
According to the Chairman of the Birnin-Magaji council, Muhammad Gusami, said on Sunday that the attacks took place in Kokeya
and Chigama villages respectively.
Mr. Gusami note that the
gunmen invaded Kokeya village with motorcycles and killed two persons, set some
houses ablaze before getting away with animals.
He added that the attackers returned the next day and invaded the
neighbouring village of Chigama where they killed more than 30 people.
Ibrahim Sani, a
witness, said that the gunmen who invaded Kokeya came while the villagers were
closing from their prayers.
“The attackers shot
sporadically in the air which prompted the people of Chigama to intervene.
“That may have provoked
the gunmen to come back so as to punish Chigama people for trying to prevent
the attack the previous day.
The Police Public
Relations Officer, Sanusi Amiru, who confirmed the attack, said that the police
and army have moved to the area and normalcy had been restored.